Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Wednesday, June 4, 2008


We have been working on the yard. Finally got my garden statues out and some annuals planted. I got this little girl when I turned 50, 4 years ago. My sister-in-law Luann gave it to me. It is very special to me because she past away this last February 2008. We were the same age, she was born in May and I in June, I use to tease her about being younger than her. I knew her since the 3rd grade. I grew up as an army brat and moved alot. But when my dad went to Korea we lived with Grandma and Grandma was the one room school teacher, so I met Luann then. She was my oldest friend. We married brothers. She died of a heart attack. She lost one of her sons 4 years ago. She loved life and her family very much. It has been a very sad time. So when I see this little girl it reminds me of Luann. But, I know I will see her again when I go home to be with the Lord.

1 comment:

Donna said...

What a sweet remembrance of your sister-in-law/friend. I know as time passes it will become even more dear to you. I love your color choice for the two color challenge quilt. Isn't quilting so much fun? God has given us so many colors and not near enough time to put them all together in quilts!